There are many ways to be active in Medford. We encourage you to integrate exercise into your daily routine. This benefits your health and the air quality, traffic and economy in areas where you exercise.
Here are some examples:
- Do errands in Medford Square on foot – the library, post office, city hall and pharmacies are all very close to each other!
- Instead of driving, try riding your bicycle to the commuter rail station and taking the train to work (bonus, you can snooze on the way instead of being stressed out by traffic).
- Walk with other families in your neighborhood to school (bonus, classmates and neighbors can get to know each other better).
- Walk to the bus or T station to get to a social event in Boston on the weekend (bonus, you save money on parking!)
- Instead of meeting a friend for lunch, meet for a walk in the Fells or along the Mystic River.
- Plan a work meeting as a “walking meeting”- this works well for small groups or weekly meetings where co-workers need to catch up and discuss issues.
We realize that integrating exercise like this is not always possible for everyone. Other ideas for exercising include:
For the Body
- Exercising in a gym
- Ice Skating
- Martial Arts
- Dancing, Meditation and other classes
For the Mind
The Medford Public Library always has lots going on, from film screenings and lectures to programs and workshops. Be sure to check out their calendar of events to plan out your next visit!
Hours: Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm, Friday: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, Saturday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm