September 3, 2014
Welcome Back Medford High and Vocational School!!!
Team Medford in collaboration with Medford High and Vocational School are launching a social norms campaign targeting Medford students. This is a year long campaign that will include multiple messages.
Medford students are engaging in healthy positive behaviors that students should be aware of. Often youth perceive their peers to be engaging in behaviors that in fact they may not be. Medford youth have healthy activities, are behaving in positive ways, and have positive attitudes.
Team Medford is encouraging youth to engage in conversation through #TeamMedford-United to share what, in fact, are the normal and typically behaviors. Let the community know, especially your peers, that Medford youth are acting in positive and healthy ways.
Stay tuned for more information and new posters that will be forthcoming throughout the year.
KNOW THE STATISTICS
What percentage of Medford students do you think are Alcohol free?
Do you think that this number is equal to the percentage of Medford students who are Marijuana free?
Well, believe it or not, 65% of Medford students are alcohol free and 74% are Marijuana free.
Here are some more statistics:
Pertaining to 6th-8th Graders
• 96.1% DO NOT drink regularly.
• 98.2% DO NOT binge drink.
• 98.8% DO NOT smoke cigarettes regularly.
• 99.5% DO NOT use smokeless tobacco regularly.
• 97.8% DO NOT smoke marijuana regularly.
• 97.5% DO NOT use inhalants.
Pertaining to 9th-12th Graders
• 65.6% DO NOT drink alcohol regularly.
• 80.8% DO NOT binge drink.
• 88% DO NOT smoke cigarettes regularly.
• 93.1% DO NOT smokeless tobacco regularly.
• 74.2% DO NOT smoke marijuana regularly.
• 98.1% DO NOT use inhalants.